[3830] NAQP CW de AD5Q

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW de AD5Q
From: ids@nol.net (R.S.Hradilek)
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 1997 23:15:51 -0500
band      QSOs      mults
 ----------------------------
     160         23        13
      80        104        36
      40        206        46
      20        195        47
      15         50        22
      10         26        14
=============================
     TOTAL      604       178      SCORE: 107,512

     Club or Team Name: TDXS #3

I wasn?t planning to operate this contest, as I had other things to do
in the afternoon that didn?t work out. So I started operating and got
carried away with it.

My station needs maintenance. The rotor brake is broken, and a recent
lightning hit took out its sliding pot so I can?t see where I am
pointed. It also took out the balun on my main antenna (KT34XA) and
there is a loose piece hanging from the reflector. Replacing the balun
brought the SWR down to flat on 20, but it still sucks on 15 and 10.
These bands did not play well for me, but 15 sounded very good. Since I
was not serious about the contest, I didn?t try to pass many mults.

I will try to get the antenna work done when the weather cools down in
the fall.

Roy - AD5Q