[3830] NAQP CW K0OB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K0OB
From: aa0ob@skypoint.com (Greg Fields)
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 14:44:45 -0500
Call used:      K0OB
Operator        K0OB
Section MN
Hours           10

Band    Q's     Mults   Ant
160     4       1      80 meter dipole at 26 feet
80      58      24      80 meter dipole at 26 feet
40      124     37      40 meter sloper at 30 feet
20      171     42      Explorer 14 tribander at 33 feet
15      70      25      ""
10      38      20      ""
        ---     ---
        468     149 = 69732 Score
Yaesu 1000D 150 watts
NA version 10

NAQP is always great fun but, no ant on 160 sure hurts
the multipliers. Big mistake of this one, not paying
enough attention to 15 and 10! Biggest pain of this one:

1. Thunderstorm last couple of hours made hearing very difficult.

2. A new experience for me but, something many of you have dealt
with already. What is it? Toddler QRM! Our recently adopted 2 year
old was having a bad day and causing lots of QRM upstairs. Caused
a constant struggle between operator's need to contest and the guilt
of a absent father eating away at him, hi. Finally gave in and went
up to help put him to bed. Shouldn't this be at least worth a mult
for such good behavior? : )  Guest operating looks like a pretty
good idea to me now! Real ant's and no toddler would sure be fun.

I'm working on getting the two radio thing going here. Can't do
much to improve ant situation so only way to improve score is
another rig. Just have to sneak it by the wife!

73,

Greg Fields K0OB (Previously AA0OB)
Minneapolis, Minnesota