[3830] K4RO CW Sprint HP Sep 97 Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K4RO CW Sprint HP Sep 97 Score
From: k4ro@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us (K4RO Kirk Pickering)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 00:15:04 -0500
I sent this after the contest to 3830@contesting.com, but it never
appeared, so here it is again...

  CW SPRINT SUMMARY SHEET     Contest Date : 07-Sep-97

  Callsign Used : K4RO        Category : Single Op High Power

  Default Exchange : Serial # KIRK TN

  Team/Club : Tennessee Contest Group

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries    IC-761
 ______________________________________________________________ AL-811 @ 500W
                                                                TR-Log 6.10
   80CW       81          81         81       1         0       Half sloper
   40CW       94          93         93      14         1       Boom of Pro-57
   20CW       71          71         71      27         0       Pro-57 @ 98'

 Totals      246         245        245      42         1

    Final Score = 10,535 points.

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 OK conditions.  For me, the Sprint is still the most demanding contest,
 in terms of having to pay serious attention to every second.  There were
 a few times when I had 2-3 minute gaps between QSO's.  I should have been
 making QSOs during those gaps.  Instead, I was busy desperately S&Ping,
 or worrying about someone else's serial number, or otherwise drowning in
 some form of Contest Panic.  Hats off to the 300 Club.

 Interesting calls included WL7KY, KP3L, N6A & N6N.  Worked especially
 hard to make sure all info was absolutely correct before logging the QSO.
 I think this was the first Sprint (of six so far) where I did not work
 CT1BOH (usually my only EU Sprint QSO.)  I really enjoy working all the
 great ops in the CW Sprint contest; including of course, all the TCG folks.
 Thanks for another great Sprint.  See you next time.

 -Kirk  K4RO