[3830] K6LA CW Sprint

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K6LA CW Sprint
From: KWIDELITZ@delphi.com (KWIDELITZ@delphi.com)
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 15:47:00 -0400 (EDT)
                         1997 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN SPRINT

     Call used: K6LA                                           Location: CA
     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: CW              Power: 1500
     Callsign of Operator: K6LA
     Exchanged Information: K6LA nr KEN CA
     Hours of Operation: 03:59

     band      QSOs     points
      80         50         50
      40        115        115
      20        103        103
     TOTAL      268        268   X   44 multipliers  =  11,792

     Club or Team Name: SCCC#1

     Comments:
     20 was real good, but activity played out before the band did. My
     segue to 40 was early and took time to get going. The seque to 80 was
     awful. I got beat out on almost every call. I worked every mult I heard,
     but didn't hear VE4, MT, ID, RI, ME, VT, or NM!

     I'm surprised at how many very well known contesters still don't have
     the exchange down. Putting your call at the end of the exchange when it
     is your turn to QSY results in confusion. I know I caused a few requests
     for QSO number repeats after throwing my call in when an exchange ended
     with a callsign, but should have ended with the QTH.

73. Ken, K6LA - Ken Six Los Angeles, KWIDELITZ@DELPHI.COM
                ex-AB6FO