[3830] W1NN CW Sprint

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W1NN CW Sprint
From: 104306.451@compuserve.com (Hal Offutt)
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 23:50:14 -0400

CW SPINT Results for W1NN   (HAL  CT)
High Power (800 watts)

250 X 42 =   10,500 Score

Breakdown by Band

80     58                    230' long G5RV at 60'
40     95                    Inv vee at 65'
20     97                    3-el at 45' fixed west  (suspended from tree
branch)

Hour  1    71
Hour  2    74
Hour  3    55
Hour  4    50

Comments

Great ops, great condx and great fun.

This was my first Sprint in a couple of years.   I'm always traveling for
the February Sprint and often in September so I have not been a regular for
quite some time.  And I just barely made this one, with the 6th being my
anniversary and having to get up at 4:30 AM Sunday to catch a 7 AM flight
from Newark.  It always takes me an hour or two to come down after a Sprint
so I didn't get a lot of sleep Sat night.

It was my  first Sprint using the new call.  I love it.   Almost no
repeats, a big change from K8HVT.  Next I have to do something about the
"H" in Hal.  Maybe Al?

Got off to an awful start.  I accidentally started the contest with the
NAQP program instead of the NA Sprint Program on NA and couldn't figure out
why there was no place to put the QSO number.  After it dawned on me, I
made history's fastest reboot and was in business.

I was pretty happy with the first half of the contest, but things really
slowed down during the last 1:30.  80 used to be my best band but not
recently.  Had lots of answers to my CQs on 20 and 40 but I just couldn't
make money there this time.  Maybe it's time to replace the ladder line on
the ole' G5RV.

22 Tennessee contacts (second only to Texas at 27).   Those guys sure are
getting a great turnout in the tests recently.

See you all in SS.

73,

Hal Offutt W1NN
woffutt@netaxis.com