[3830] K1KY NAQP SSB SPRINT 9/97

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K1KY NAQP SSB SPRINT 9/97
From: k1ky@bellsouth.net (Thomas M. Delker)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 01:48:12 -0500
                              SPRINT SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 14-Sep-97

    Callsign Used : K1KY
        Operators : THOMAS M. DELKER - K1KY

         Category : SO3B HP             Ten-Tec Omni 6 +, Alpha 78,
                                                Pentium Laptop with Trlog 6.11
 Default Exchange : #, TOM, TN

             Name : Thomas M. Delker
          Address : 113 Richland Ave.
   City/State/Zip : Smyrna, TN 37167
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Tennessee Contest Group - Team #1

   80SSB      63          63         63       5         Delker Loop @70 ft
   40SSB      71          71         71      19                 "
   20SSB      60          60         60      24                 "

 Totals      194         194        194      48

    Final Score = 9312 points.

 Soapbox Comments

 My first SSB Sprint.  Went a lot better than my SSB NAQP from my new
 contest location with real antennas.  Attempts to get my mic/headset going
 failed even after a trip back home (2 hrs) with 2.75 hrs before the contest.
 Will be better prepared next time, no more hand mics for me on this mode!
 The bands were excellent with very little noise this time.