[3830] Wo4o (ex WA6KUI) CQP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Wo4o (ex WA6KUI) CQP
From: wo4o@juno.com (Ric Painter)
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 09:57:22 EDT
                       CALIFORNIA QSO PARTY

Call used: WO4O                         Location: TN
Category: Single Op Four Band LP        Mode: MIXED
Callsign of Operator: WO4O              Power: LOW 100W
Exchanged Information: WO4O nr TN       Hours of Op: 11:37

band   CW QSOs     CW pts   SSB QSOs    SSB pts Antennas
 40         57        171         27         54 Dipole
 20         71        213        101        202 Quad (2 el)
 15         80        240        115        230 Quad (2 el)
 10          6         18         15         30 Quad (2 el)
TOTAL      214        642        258        516

( 1,158 ) QSO points  X  ( 58 ) Multipliers  =  67,164 points

Comments:  Resisted the temptation to open the bottle of wine
won in 94 CQP to drink and drown out my blues for missing one
county with the party quickly coming to a close.  On 20m SSB
I began shamelessly pleading for Colusa County.  Somebody from
1-Land (SRI missed ur call in the excitement) broke in and said
he worked K0DI/M6 in Colusa on CW.  Soonafter I found K0DI/M on
15m CW but he was in Eldorado!  Later I switched to 20m CW and
there was N6BT/6 in Colusa!  So, the wine bottle remains sealed.
This was a FB test for my new quad.  It was nice to receive two
unsolicited compliments from Ken/K6LA saying (on 15m SSB) "I
wish everybody was as loud as you" and then (on 20m SSB) "You're
loud here, too."  Next year, more of you CA guys/gals need to
attend the TN QSO Party!  (For the winner, perhaps we can arrange
a free night in VP Al Gore's Guest Room?  Nahhh.)  TU for the Qs!

73 Ric Wo4o (ex WA6KUI)

wo4o@juno.com