[3830] AC6T CQP score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] AC6T CQP score
From: long@apex.ece.ucsb.edu (Stephen Long)
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 09:37:20 -0700
Call:  AC6T
Op:    AC6T
QTH:   Ventura County - N6VR's QTH
Category:  SOHP

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  MULTS

      CW       833     2499
      SSB      826     1652

      Totals  1659     4151   x    58  =   240,758

Band Breakdown

                        CW      SSB
                160     17      5
                80      91      80
                40      255     91
                20      286     432
                15      184     198
                10      0       20

Equipment:
160/80  CW/ssb  96' vertical
80 CW           inverted V
40              4 el KLM @ 70'
20              5 el KLM @ 80'
20/15/10        KT34XA @ 60' and log periodic at 30'

TS850S & TS940S
SB220 & Henry 2K3

More points than last year, but fewer QSOs.  I spent more time on CW than I
should have, hoping to avoid the confrontations with the bozos (not totally
successful).  The Timewave DSP was good at notching out the carriers from
the intentional jammers.  One lasted at least 10 minutes.  I hope he blew
out his amplifier.  Also, I tried to make full use of the two radio setup
which I can only seem to do on CW.  Too bad there wasn't more CW activity.

The low log periodic was ALWAYS better on 15m than the KT34XA.  I'm
concerned that the KT34 is not working well.  I could never get a run going
on 15.  Did anyone else notice any wierd high angle skip conditions on 15?
If so, please email me.  And, if you could give me any comparative signal
report on 15 vs other CA stations, please do the same.

Steve  AC6T
long@ece.ucsb.edu