[3830] IQ4A WWDX RTTY 1997

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IQ4A WWDX RTTY 1997
From: pib2822@iperbole.bologna.it (Claudio Veroli I4VEQ)
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 21:43:30 +0100
                         CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST - 1997

           Call: IQ4A                     Country:  Italy
           Mode: RTTY                     Category: Multi Single

           Location: Monte Capra 444 meters asl near Bologna.
           Club affiliation: MCC Marconi Contest Club

     Q WW RTTY Contest

Call used: IQ4A
Location:

Entry Class: Multi Op, Single Xmit

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX  Zones
80       169   383    21    54    12
40       412  1036    40    77    26
20       543  1413    50    78    31
15       411  1067    40    76    29
10        73   171     8    40    18
--------------------------------------
Total   1608  4070   159   325   116

--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 2442000

Software: RTTY by WF1B, Version 3.2A

     Operator List:

     I4VEQ,IK2NCJ,IK2MRZ, IK2JUB,IK4MGP
     Equipment Description:

     Runner: FT1000,IC765, & PA

     Antennas:

     80 :  4 1/4 phased verticals & dipoles
     40:   3 ele yagi at 22 meters, loop
     20:   4 ele yagi & 4 el. quad
     15:   6 el. yagi & 4 el. quad
     10:   5 ele yagi & 4 el. quad
     all antennas have indipentent rotation and separate towers

     The contest story:
It was my first contest in RTTY, and the first RTTY activity from Monte
Capra.  There is a very poor RTTY skill in the IQ4A crew,except for IK2NCJ
and IK4MGP, so we hosted two more RTTY skilled operators like IK2JUB and
IK2MRZ. I was a beginner,and my plans were to stay there supporting their
activity. I only asked to try for a while this new contest experience, so
they quickly explaned to me the use of the WF1B program with the Ritty by
K6STI; I become suddenly so enthusiast that I spent the whole first night
working US on 40. It was really fantastic, and especially the RITTY program
is magic, sometimes it listened more then my ears in the 40 meters QRM.
Score surely defects of some multipliers, and WF1B still has some link
problems.

A wonderful saturday with a good open on 10, we worked some MULT from far
east and 50 US stn 8 states and also the zone 3 (W7GG AZ).
Sunday was at the opposite, only a few US on 15, 10 almost closed.

Thanks to all who called, and moved from one band to another on our request.

See you on Phone.

73 de Claudio I4VEQ.