[3830] W9SMC ILQSO SOLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W9SMC ILQSO SOLP
From: n9yxa@ix.netcom.com (N9YXA-Cedrick Johnson)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 20:45:28 +0000
A few notes:
This score is a tremendous shock to me. When I began this contest, I
had envisioned only getting 50-80Q's. But to get a 163 with very
little Search and Pounce from my station is absolutely amazing to me.
I look forward to participating next year..

Illinois QSO Party Summary Sheet

    Contest Dates : 19-Oct-97, 20-Oct-97

    Callsign Used : W9SMC
         Operator : N9YXA

         Category : Single Op Low Power

 Default Exchange : 59 KANE

             Name : Cedrick W. Johnson
          Address : 502 Manor Place
   City/State/Zip : Aurora, IL 60506
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Society Of Midwest Contesters

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points

   80CW        6           6         12
   40CW       73          73        154
   40SSB      82          82         81
   20CW        2           2          4

 Totals      163         163       251

    Final Score = 163 QSO's * 56 Counties/States/Province = 9128

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 I'll make this soapbox brief.
 We began the contest, on time, with all of the bugs worked out
 BEFOREHAND! (Maki I was astonished by the way I was making contacts
 on 40. I sometimes had pileups Broke the previous contest's score by
 a slim margin. Previous score was 157 for the CAL QSO I think.
 Everything went as planned, and I had originally set my goa more and
 more...

 I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
 established for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct
 and true to the best of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the
 decisions of the Awards Committee.

 Date 10-20-1997____   Signed Cedrick W. Johnson_________  Call
 N9YXA/W9SMC

                       W9SMC 1997 IL QSO Party Rate Sheet

  HOUR   80CW    40CW    40SSB   20CW    TOTAL   ACCUM
  ----  ------  ------  ------  ------   -----   -----
   18       0       0      20       0      20      20
   19       0       0      25       0      25      45
   20       0      13      14       0      27      72
   21       0      34       2       2      38     110
   22       0      11      21       0      32     142
   23       0      12       0       0      12     154

    0       6       3       0       0       9     163

  TOTAL     6      73      82       2
Cedrick Johnson - N9YXA - Z2/N9YXA
10-10: 67368, N9YXA Contest Group
Aurora, IL 60506-2134