[3830] W0GJ MULTI-MULTI

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W0GJ MULTI-MULTI
From: 0007359114@MCIMAIL.COM (Bill Straw)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:29:10 -0400 (EDT)
W0GJ MULTI-MULTI CQWWSSB

Band   Q    Z    C    Antenna
------------------------------
160   40    9   15   1/4 wave vertical,beverages
 80   84   21   43   Elevated 4-Square
 40  136   25   75   3-EL @ 150', 4-Square
 20  614   34  114   4/4
 15  453   30  115   4/4
 10  216   17   51   TH7/TH7, 5-EL @ 150'
-------------------
    1543  136  413 = 2,057,652

Location: Bemidji, in northern Minnesota

Operators: W0GJ, KC0ZC, K0XV, WB0O, KB0NLC age11, N0YPC age13

Comments:  ( by WB0O )

   I drove 320 miles to Glenn W0GJ's house and still couldn't
get away from the aurora. We were M-S last year, but went M-M
this year so we could all get some good radio time. Still, with
our northern location, we ran out of DX to work at 8PM Saturday
and all the radios were quiet for almost the whole night.
Plenty of time to look at Glenn's Heard Island momentos,books,
tapes and photos.
   The high point was working CT,EA,EA8 on 10M! The low point
was no EU on 80M and only a few on 40M. The true Black Hole is
where you can't work EU on 40M with a full size 3-EL yagi @ 150'!
Glenn's antennas are matched inside by a room full of nice
radios, Alpha's, and Dunestar/Ice/TopTen components. It sure
will be more fun in the coming years!!

73 BILL WB0O