[3830] Murphy's best effort yet!

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Murphy's best effort yet!
From: jallen@yecl.ca (J. Allen)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 08:46:20 -0800
1997 CQ WW Phone SUMMARY SHEET
Callsign Used : VY1JA
Category : Single Operator Low Power   (100 W)   Antenna stuck between
Europe and North America

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries   Zones

   40SSB       4           4          6         2         3
   20SSB      24          24         55        12         7
   15SSB      16          16         35         3         4

 Totals       44          44         96        17        14

Final Score = 2976 points.

 Murphy's Hayday......  If it could... It did!

This is to certify that in the contest I have operated my transmitter as
often as possible and within
 the limitations of poor health and even poorer propagation, antenna
failures, rotator freeze-up and have observed fully the auroral displays
for most of the contest period.  With the exception that I did take one
five hour break just as soon as the rotator was repaired to take my wife to
the hospital after the vehicle she was driving was hit.

Thank goodness my wife is ok.

We have NEVER had such a contest weekend!

J., VY1JA