[3830] CQWW SSB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB
From: w5hvv@aeneas.net (Roderick M. Fitz-Randolph)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 20:19:07 -0600
Call:  N5HV
Mode:  SSB
Category:  MS/AB/HP

Operators:  N5HV & K0EJ

Band    QSOs    Zone    Ctry

160      15       7      11
 80      68      13      34
 40     138      22      65
 20     438      33     103
 15     529      30     103
 10     203      20      52

Total  1391     125     368     =    1,832,481 Points

QSOs per Mult: 2.8       9 Dupes (oops)

Club affiliation:  Tennessee Contest Group

Equipment:  Yaesu FT-1000MP / AL-1500
            40-2CD at 140'
            TH7DX at 132'
            KT-34A at 72'
            80 mtr Delta Loop at 132'
            160 mtr Inverted vee at 130'

The Equipment worked very well but we simply couldn't get any decent
runs going for more than a few minutes at a time, although the bands
seemed rather good....  Thunderstorms slowed down/shut down the station
a coupla times.  Ended up using my SE Beverage for 10 meters part of the
time.... worked great!  Cut way down on atmospherics.

The usual Murphy events immediately preceding the contest.... nothing
terrible.

Hats off to Mark Speck, K0EJ: a super, hard-working, completely
competent team mate.

Lots of fun and a reasonably decent score.

Rod, N5HV

Rod, N5HV
w5hvv@aeneas.net