[3830] KH6/N0KE CQWW SSB QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KH6/N0KE CQWW SSB QRP
From: gyantis@midtec.com (Gary Yantis)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 21:43:12 -0700

KH6/N0KE   single op -- unassisted  -- QRP  all band

    Band           QSO         Zones         Countries
     160                2                1                   1
only KH6CC and KH7R
       80              11                4                   5              no
JA!
       40              27                9                 11
       20              74              15                 22
       15            217              22                 37
       10            324              23                 42
  totals            655              74               118

340,800  QRP all band

Comments:
With 5 watts I could run JA's at 50+/hour and have an occasional HS, YB or BV
call me.  I was able to run some on 15 as well.  No luck running USA on any
band.  South and Central America easy to work particularly on 10 even though
lots of US calling them.  I never did work Europe on any band.  I believe I
beat the old KH6 QRP record of AH6EK set in 1984 25 hours into the contest and
ended up with just a few K more than double the old record.  Thnanks to our
hosts Terry and Donna at Sea Que (CQ) Maui bed and breakfast.

N0KE  Phil   (ex-W0KEA)