[3830] KK1L SS CW SOLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KK1L SS CW SOLP
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ronald D Rossi)
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 16:25:17 -0500
                           SWEEPSTAKES SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 01-Nov-97, 02-Nov-97, 03-Nov-97

    Callsign Used : KK1L
         Operator : KK1L

         Category : solp

            Name : Ronald D. Rossi

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults     Op Time = 19:55

   80CW       93          93        186      17     dipole at 40'
   40CW       99          99        198      22     Butternut HF6V
   20CW       95          94        188       7     A3S at 42'
   15CW       55          55        110      20     A3S at 42'

 Totals      342         341        682      66

    Final Score = 45012 points.

Sorry I don't have the time to comment much! As many probably guessed I did
end up using the straight key for 100% of the exchanges, and 99% of the CQing
that I did. My right pointer and index fingers are SORE!! Some of you were
treated to a fine series of the KK1L patent pending 'I goofed' dits and dahs
of varying lengths...I have to work on not getting too frustrated with myself.
I ordered one of the NorCal paddle kits, so I will be learning the iambics.
I'll shoot for NAQP in January for that...they'll put my picture in the
dictionary for "Ham fisted" for sure =:-)

I didn't get all the sleep I wanted to before the contest and I caint copy
sheet when I'm tired! Nice thing about the straight key is I can't send any
faster than 20WPM and got some unsolicited QRS...that helped since my head was
kind of foggy.

BTW: I had two folks figure they had copied enough of my exchange when I got
through my call and into the check...they started up with the QRZ and I know
they weren't a dupe. Those folks are not in the log.

--
73 de KK1L ex N1PBT...ron (rrossi@btv.ibm.com) <><
Ron Rossi H/P SRAM Engineering -- IBM Microelectronics