[3830] NJ1V Score - ARRL CW SS

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NJ1V Score - ARRL CW SS
From: nj1v@phoenix.net (John Guida)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 18:50:21 +0000
                     ARRL SWEEPSTAKES -- 1997

      Call: NJ1V (@ K5OW)            Exchange: B NJ1V 86 NTX
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

      160        0        0        -
       80       71      142        -
       40      300      600        -
       20      641     1282        -
       15       11       22        -
       10        0        0        -
     -----------------------------------

     Totals   1023     2046       77

               Score:  157,542

Power Output: 1500 watts     Hours of operation: 24

Equipment Description: Yaesu FT-1000D; Alpha 76 PA
                       KLM KT34XA @ 100', Cushcraft 2EL 40 @ 114',
                       Inverted V's - 40M & 80M

Club Affiliation: North Texas Contest Club NTCC

I'd like to take a little space to thank Gary K5OW and Corinne
K5OYW for sharing their station and their hospitality with me for
the contest. This was my first real single-op effort since leaving
Oklahoma in 1995, and I found out pretty quick that what little I
knew I had forgotten! But Murphy didn't forget, and was with me right
up to the start of the contest - bad dB25 from the computer to the
key! Got it fixed with about 3 minutes to spare.

Missed out on MAR and VY1 (guess I wasn't on 15 enough Jay). I
logged Section #77 - KE0Z - SD - at 2053 for QSO #815, and then
unsuccessfully spent the better part of the last 6 hours looking
for the missing sections. Maybe everyone should have packet after
all!!

Good Contest! CU in SSB from STX!

John Guida NJ1V
nj1v@phoenix.net