[3830] Solar Storm, Aurora, Antennas NOT at YT

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Solar Storm, Aurora, Antennas NOT at YT
From: jallen@yecl.ca (J. Allen)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 23:46:26 -0800
It is about 17:00 on Sunday.  I have been watching Ken operate.  He is
determined and calling stations time and hears and calls.  So far the Q
count is less than 300.  One station heard what he thought was a VE7 and
swung his beam this way.   His signal came up, and Ken thought a QSO might
be possible. When his chance came, Ken called several times but the station
op swung his antenna back east and west and missed Ken.

It is a shame that those of you that are serious about SS don't try put
extra effort in for YT when conditions are poor.  A solar storm means
Aurora, which in turn means ONE WAY propagation conditions.  WE ARE
THERE... WE HEAR YOU... We are very weak on your end of the circuit.   Try
a little harder.

J.