[3830] N4UK SS SSB SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N4UK SS SSB SOHP
From: KRAMIREZ@intermedia.com (Ramirez, Kenneth (EXCH))
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 10:20:26 -0500
Achieved all three of my primary goals for this one!
1-      Beat last year's score
2-      Broke the Roanoke Division record of 272K
3-      Broke past 1800 qsos and made a sweep. Never called a mult! Last
sec. was VY1JA who graciously called me on 40m!
       I was within inches of quitting after only a few hours. I just
wasn't in a very contesty mood and was fed up with the qrm on 40m. It
was nearly impossible to find a run frequency on any of the low bands.
It was CONTEST overload! The activity levels were extremely high and
it seemed that everyone was in it for the long run. The worst part of
this contest was that my MFJ voice keyer would not work on 40 meters.
It worked well on all the other bands but it emitted a loud squeal on
40 meters so I had to keep unplugging cables and go directly to the
rig whenever I got on 40. Man am I hoarse this morning. 73 Ken
Here is my summary:
                        ARRL SWEEPSTAKES -- 1997

      Call: N4UK                     Section:  SC/ Roanoke Division
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator HP

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

      160        0        0        -
       80      578     1156        -
       40      850     1700        -
       20      327      654        -
       15      179      358        -
       10        0        0        -
     -----------------------------------

     Totals   1934     3868       79

               Score:  305,572

Power Output: _B___ watts     Hours of operation: __23.9__

Equipment Description: Kenwood TS850, Ameritron AL1200
 15m - 3 el @ 47,
 20m-  3 el @ 74 '
 40m-  NUKer @ 43'
  75m- 1/4wl gp

Club Affiliation: South Eastern Contest Club

                             Signature __Ken

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Ken Ramirez  N4UK
               221 Beaverdam Creek Rd.