[3830] N9YXA SS Fone Score (SOLP)

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N9YXA SS Fone Score (SOLP)
From: n9yxa@ix.netcom.com (Cedrick Johnson)
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 16:35:55 -0800
SWEEPSTAKES SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 15-Nov-97, 16-Nov-97, 17-Nov-97

    Callsign Used : N9YXA

         Category : SO UA LP(A)

 Default Exchange : # A N9YXA 94 IL

             Name : Cedrick W. Johnson
          Address : 502 Manor Place
   City/State/Zip : Aurora, IL 60506
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : SMC- Society Of Midwest Contesters

   40SSB     215         215        430      55
   20SSB      42          42         84      10

 Totals      257         257        514      65

    Final Score = 33410 points.

Soapbox Comments:
All in all I think I made a pretty good effort. I managed to beat my highest
fone score made at my station by 200. Well, onto the fun part! Saturday was
an interesting day. I was not able to participate in the "beginning rush"
because I had to go bowling. I get home, and start contesting. Immediately
my hopes are diminishing. I quit with 55 contacts and hit the hay. I'm back
up Sunday morning, but have to go to church. No radio. I'm back at 10 AM,
and I hop on 40. Things start looking good. By 12, I am over 100. Things
look so well, that I take a peek on 20. I work about 10 people, and figure
that 20's no good for me. So, I take a lunch break. By 3PM, I'm back on
the radio. Since I left the rig on 20, I got the remainder of my stations
on 20, and moved to 40, where I mowed down the rest of my contacts. After
the contest, I had a severe sore throat, and feverish chills. So, I retired
for the evening. Hopefully this sad event won't occur again.
Antennas for the 'test:
40: Longwire, adapted to act directonally E/W thru switching
20: Dipole at 30 feet
Software Used:
TRLog Logging (The ONLY logging software!)