[3830] K3WW ARRL 160 Multi Op Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K3WW ARRL 160 Multi Op Score
From: Charles Fulp" <k3ww@fast.net (Charles Fulp)
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 15:49:57 -0000
                     ARRL 160 METER CONTEST -- 1997

      Call: K3WW                     SECTION:  EPA
      Mode: CW                       Category: Multi
               QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/QSO    SECTIONS  COUNTRIES

     Totals   1021    2186     2.14         74         23    =   212,042

K3WW plus Packet, too lazy to cover the packet node computer screen.
about 15 hours, very good start but not much DX or western stuff the first
night, quit
about midnight local time, a few minutes around day break, then another
session
the second night.  Decent DX signals, grabbed a few spots, If I called you,
you were
probably spotted, mostly just sat and ran, hoping to hit 1000 Q's again.

Interesting thing, rates keep going up and up over the years, even when just
working
relatively local stations early on.   Are there just more and more savy ops
(all bands, the trend seems to be the same in DX contests, cant speak for
SS, my rates there are always a crawl)  This would not seem to indicate a
demise for CW for a while at least.

73 Chas K3WW
k3ww@fast.net
http://www.users.fast.net/~k3ww