[3830] ARRL 160 - N0HF

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 - N0HF
From: dnorman@niwot.scd.ucar.EDU (Dan Norman)
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 20:50:09 -0700 (MST)
1997 ARRL 160 CONTEST  -  N0HF  -

160 CW  QSO's:  303
        MULTS:  66
        SCORE:  30,996

Equipment/Antennas:  FT990, Alpha 91B, preamp, inverted 'v' at ~50'
                     300' parallel beverages

Comments:  I can usually count on the Carribean for DX mults. but
           this time NADA.  Very poor rx. to EU, DX to the West was
           marginal at best.
           Stateside propogation favored the East and NW here but
           most CA stations were weaker here than usual.
           Missed VT, MAR, NL, AK.
           I was hearing East Coast Stations CQing at 2 hrs past
           sunrise. Thought I'd get an early start Saturday afternoon
           (~3pm local time) and get a run freq. established and
           found almost no space to CQ!  Gotta try this a bit earlier
           next year!
           Good turnout from CO several stations s9 +50 - W0UA (where
           was he operating)? - W0TM - K0FRP - W0AH - K0FX - K0EU  -
           W0MU - KV0Q etc.
           See you in the Stew Perry contest!

           '73 Dan N0HF (ex. KJ1N)
           Boulder County (in the Mountains) CO