[3830] N7IR ARRL 160 Meter QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N7IR ARRL 160 Meter QRP
From: Gary.Hembree@ASU.edu (Gary Hembree)
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 15:39:30 -0700
ARRL 160 METER CONTEST -- 1997

      Call: N7IR                     Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator QRP

             QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/QSO    SECTIONS  COUNTRIES

   Totals    210    426     2.03         53          2    =   23,430

All reports sent were 599 AZ, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:
TenTec 546C at 5 watts output
88' top-loaded, shunt-fed tower with two insulated quarter wave
radials

Club Affiliation: Central Arizona DX Association

Lots of fun!  I was only going to "play" in this one but Friday night
was very seductive.  Worked KH7R, P40P and KH6CC (very loud), held a
run frequency for a while, and ran up a reasonable score.  Thoughts of
breaking the SW Division QRP record danced in my head ("only" 27k)!
Saturday evening the rain came and my rate plummeted so I went to
sleep for 3 hours.  Early Sunday was good for 11 more sections, most
east of the Mississippi, but only 46 Q's.  No record this year!
Thanks to all who hung in there to pull me out of the noise,
especially P40P and N1BB.  Thanks also to those who tried but
couldn't.

73
Gary
N7IR