[3830] RAC Score N5NU SO/HP/AB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] RAC Score N5NU SO/HP/AB
From: n5nu@inu.net (Jason N5NU)
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 04:23:44 -0600
                               RAC SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 28-Dec-97

    Callsign Used : N5NU
         Operator : N5NU

         Category : SO/HP/All Band

 Default Exchange : 59(9) #

             Name : Jason Goldsberry
          Address : Rt. 1 Box 1025
   City/State/Zip : Douglass TX 75943
          Country : United States

  160CW        1           1         10       1
   80CW       31          31        240       7
   80SSB      11          11         80       5
   40CW       93          91        550       7
   40SSB      10          10         84       6
   20CW      132         132        764       9
   20SSB      98          96        838       9
   15CW       51          51        346      10
   15SSB      58          58        472      10
   10CW        4           4         50       3
   10SSB      16          16         94       3

 Totals      505         501       3528      70

    Final Score = 246960 points.

Soapbox
_______

  Had really high expectations for this time around, but didn't meet them.
Had 52 more QSO's than last time, but one less multiplier.  Twenty was a
real dissapointment.

  Twenty closed early the first night, and 40 meters was already long.  For
a while, Europe was louder than Canada.  80 meters was all static, but lots
of station in there.  Felt like an alligator.  Spent (read: wasted) an hour
outside at 11PM in 25 degree WX fixing antenna on 160 meters, but all I
could work was one station.

  Played Stew Perry some, too when everything was slow.  Haven't entered
log for that yet.  Twenty the next morning was loaded with Europeans, but
the VE activity was really down it seemed.  15 meters was a nice surprise,
and I obviously didn't spend enough time there.  Ten opened up for a while,
but it wasn't reliable.  Worked about twenty stations, but only in three
provinces.  Glad they moved to CW for me.

  Congrats to VE6SV for his 59 +40DB signal on 10 meters, and N6RO for his
awesome score, and everyone else who slugged it out.

73, Jason N5NU