[3830] W7WHY RR

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W7WHY RR
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 06:40:29 +0800
ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call used: W7WHY
Location:  OR

Entry Class: S/O H/P All Band

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX
80         6     6     4     0 dipole at 80 feet
40        26    26    16     3 3 phased verticals
20       107   107    38     8 homebrew mono-bander
15        54    54    27     4 homebrew mono-bander
10        12    12     7     3 2 el. delta loop east, bi-square
--------------------------------------
Total    205   205    47    13
--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 12300

Total Hours 13.7

Equipment: FT-840, FL-2100B, MFJ-784B DSP Filter
Power Output: 300 watts
AEA CP-1 Computer Patch
Software: RTTY by WF1B, Version v3.2C

Club Participation: Southern Oregon DX Association (SODA)

Soapbox:  Lots of activity on, but unfortunaly, the football
 playoffs are on the same weekend. (GO DENVER) I wish the contest
 could start at a better time.  1800 is late on the west coast, and
 the Eu. opening is just about gone.  Too bad we couldn't start
 at 0000 Saturday like the other contests, then we could have
 the Saturday morning opening too. Keep it at  24 hours if that's
 what everyone wants.  At 1800, it turns into a RTTY SS. All the
 contacts were domestic except for 4 or 5 South Americans.  Only
 worked one Eu on 40, LZ0A.  I could hear the East Coast working
 DX on 40 and 80, but nothing heard here.  Band was full  of W,K
 stations. Oh well, enough whining :-) It was fun and there was
 LOTS of activity, even on 10.