[3830] K7RAT - NAQP CW Multi-2

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K7RAT - NAQP CW Multi-2
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 07:06:10 -0800 (PST)
It was a pleasure to have K9PG and K9NW come by and opeRATe the
club station of the Boring Amateur Radio Club for the NAQP.  We
also had a brief appearance by K7NT who ran some guys on 80.

We had 1310 QSOs and 250 mults.  Looks like the mult total isn't up
to par with people in other geographical areas, but we feel like we
made the most of the openings here.  10 was pretty spotty with only
10 multipliers.  80 meters was much better than I expected it to be
however, so maybe that helped make up for it.

        QSOs    Mults
  160   114     37/1
   80   277     52/3
   40   273     48/2
   20   409     54/3
   15   216     38/2
   10    21     10/0
- --------------------------
       1310    239/11 with a dupe or two for 327,250 points.

CongRATs to Jeff, N5TJ, for proving he wasn't dead and to the gang at
W5NN (and K1TO?) for great scores.  All of these multi scores eclipsed
the old record set by K9PG/WE9V last year.

We had a lot of fun moving multipliers.  Near the end of the contest,
we were even moving guys just for QSOs.  This led to one of the opeRATors
finding people CQing who we needed on another band.  After getting them
to QSY to the other band, a clear frequency would present itself.  Then
that opeRATor would have the guts to say "He was on the wrong band, but
we fixed it!!" and take the frequency...  Lucky for us, there wasn't a
lot of activity from Oregon, so it seemed pretty easy to move guys.   The
K9's took notes, so they will probably export this practice to the black
hole next year.

I haven't personally opeRATed this contest all out in quite some time
and it was great to see the level of activity.  In my normal 30 minute
per band effort, you really don't appreciate how deep the activity goes.
I never would have thought we could work as many people as we did.

See you on SSB - we are going to have a non licensed guest op from the
kid's day contest over and see how he does.  He was running guys pretty
well by the end of his visit last weekend.

Looks like he will be borrowing a receiver from the club station
and start down the path that we all remember when radio and girls
were both big mysteries.  If you hear Alex on, please stop by and
say hello.   Maybe we can turn him into a contest opeRATor so I can
turn into an old fart and retire like N6RO and N6ZZ.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com