[3830] KA9EKJ NAQP CW score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KA9EKJ NAQP CW score
From: rvhoeft@ingr.com (Hoeft, Roger V)
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 13:55:35 -0600
Well, after the bands have quieted down and a night's sleep has set in,
it's time to reflect(or).  Here's the stuff:

  band      QSOs     points    mults
     160         54        54       25          Inverted L
      80         50        50        26         80M Dipole up 50
      40        102       102       33          40M Delta Loop
      20         52        52        26         20M Dipole, Delta Loop
      15         14        14        11         Delta loop, Horizontal Loop
      10          3         3         2         Horizontal Loop
     TOTAL      275       275      123      SCORE: 33,825

     Club or Team Name:  SECC #2

    Comments:

My personal goal was 250Qs and would have been ecstatic with 300.  I'm
real pleased with myself from a low-buck all wire-head category. Hey, 2
years ago I had 60 Qs in the January event and last year I have around
220 Qs.  No paper & pencil translations this year!!! Ears to log direct.
Hopefully, our team's score will give TCG#2 a run for their money.

Strategically, my aim was to rack up Qs, as my CW skills are still
improving.  I wasn't too concerned with QSY and working mults.  If they
came during a run, so much the better.  Glad to have worked a number
SECC folks - gave hooooo-rah, "go SECC" cheers during the Qs.

Had a great time!! See you all from K4NO Saturday.

Go SECC!!!

Roger Hoeft
KA9EKJ
rvhoeft@ingr.com