[3830] NAQP - CW - NY4T

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP - CW - NY4T
From: rfi@vol.com (Lee)
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 16:46:47 -0600
Default Exchange : LEE TN

             Name : Richard Lee Hall
          Address : 2526 Wellington Place
   City/State/Zip : Murfreesboro, TN 37128
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Tennessee Contest Group - Team #2

  160CW       30          30         30      18
   80CW       50          50         50      22
   40CW       37          37         37      24
   20CW       30          30         30      22
   15CW       22          22         22      12
   10CW        3           3          3       2

 Totals      172         172        172     100

    Final Score = 17200 points.

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 Equipment: TS50 into wire loop - one corner at 40' - the rest at 10'.
 Here is your classic case of a fish out of water.  Not only do I find
 myself in a CW contest (I am a dyed-in-the-wool phone op) but somehow
 I wound up on Team #2.  It was a learning experience and I think I
 built some operating and copying skill.  I had a lot of distractions
 at the QTH but still worked 10 hours although I had to take my off time
 much earlier than I would have liked.

 High Points: Did you guys find Tennessee ops okay?  I thought so ;)
 Low Points: When 40M filled up heard quite a few ops sending over 50
 WPM.....do you really think sending at that rate offsets the number
 of folks who don't want to spend a long time trying to figure out
 what you are sending??  If I can actually hear characters, I'll hang in
 there and pull out the call.  If it is all run together, forget it.
 Do us a favor guys....ease up to about 35-40 WPM.

 Also, what happened to 10 meters??...It was open for almost the whole
 test but noone was home.  I was even hearing some DX beacons but no
 contesters.

 Seeya in the PHONE NAQP...I've been talking a lot longer than I've been
 sending CW so I think I'll do a tad better in this one.  Thanks to
 those who put up with my 25-30 WPM QLF.