[3830] AB5SE NAQP CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] AB5SE NAQP CW
From: ab5se@ipa.net (Jerry Richards)
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 22:10:49 -0600
                1998 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

     Call used: AB5SE      Mode: CW       Location: AR

     Category: Single Op Unassisted       Power: 100W

     Callsign of Operator: AB5SE

     Exchanged Information: AB5SE JERRY AR

     Hours of Operation: 10:00

     band      QSOs     points          mults   Antenna
     160         46        46           19      Alpha Delta Sloper
      80        211       211           48      Inverted "V" @ 35'
      40        142       142           41      Rotatable Dipole @ 40'
      20        143       143           47      Cushcraft A3S @ 40'
      15         61        61           31          "          "
      10          2         2           2           "          "
     TOTAL      605       605      188      SCORE: 113,740

Comments:

My all-time best in this one and the first time to break 100K on CW.  For
some reason I seem to have more trouble copying the name than any other
exchange, even the long Sweepstakes exchange.  I suppose it is simple a
mental thing because as the contest progresses and I stop thinking about
it, I tend to improve but still have to ask for more fills on the name than
I want to.  For once, everything worked flawlessly.  I guess that was due
to the fact that Murphy was across town visiting my friend Steve, K5OY.  He
had trouble with his computer, RF getting into his keyer and got called in
to work (he is the Meteorologist at the local ABC TV station) due to winter
weather in the area.  I suppose the SSB contest will be my opportunity to
visit with Murphy as I can not even hope to have two in a row without, at
the very least, a small amount of trouble.

Thanks to all who made their way into my log.  The Q's are very much
appreciated.

                                        CU this weekend on SSB!

                73,

                Jerry,  AB5SE