[3830] CQWW 160 N5NU

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW 160 N5NU
From: n5nu@inu.net (Jason N5NU)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 18:14:36 -0600
                              CQ 160 SUMMARY SHEET

    Callsign Used : N5NU
         Operator : N5NU

         Category : SO / HP

 Default Exchange : 599 TX

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

  160CW      347         336        768      48         9

 Totals      347         336        768      48         9

DX: TI, 8P, XE, P4, V4, GW, YS, EA8, PJ2

    Final Score = 43776 points.

Soaps:
  First contest here after the HF tower got hit by lightning two weeks ago.
 Only thing that it really got was the low band antennas, and the Kenwood
850.
  Using a really flaky Icom 735 for this one, hence the "595 and 596"
signal reports received.  Appearantly the problem is both on both RX and
TX.  Problem came and went, causing the signal qualities to go up and down.
 Most of the signals were really raspy and wide on recieve.
  As K3CV said, this was just a "Get on and Operate" effort.  Worked 70
stations the first night before I realized that the antenna was partially
fried in about 4 spots.  Saturday, antenna was replaced, and found out how
I could hook the amplifer and TR to the Icom.  Nothing less than a miracle
there.
  I DO like the CW filter in the Icom 735, which the Kenwood 850 lacks.
But, I still heard lots of stations calling that I couldn't work.
  I'm sorry for any harmonics, wide or unfiltered signals.  Thanks to
everyone for letting me know about that.

73, Jason N5NU