[3830] CQ 160 CW - K1TO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ 160 CW - K1TO
From: K1to@aol.com (K1to)
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 13:35:31 EST
K1TO CQ 160 CW Single-Opr High Power
QTH = FL

410 QSOs
1127 Pts
75 Mults
84,525

Approx. 10 hours.

Florida Contest Group

TS-930S + AL-1200
Temporary inverted-L with only 45' vertical and 4 ground-mounted radials

Pleasantly surprised to find that my new inv-L really can work K7RAT
and stuff beyond 1000 mi!  Neat to catch 4X4NJ, C42A and 5B4ADA.

Had envisioned having a 500+' beverage to Europe by now, but I don't.
Even with a relatively quiet weekend, the Florida QRN level was enough
to make a bunch of QSOs annoyingly harder than they should have been.

DX window compliance was pretty much always OK.  Never heard any
harassment, nor did I hear W9WI work anyone there ;<)  The DX that
was in the window seemed to attract the most attention, although I
found plenty of DX outside that 5 KHz.  Heard EA8BH well before my
sunset.

Listened quickly at local noon on Saturday and heard nothing - not even
a whisper of a signal!  Quite a difference being "isolated" down in FL for
this contest.

73, Dan