[3830] K3CV Feb. SSB Sprint

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K3CV Feb. SSB Sprint
From: K3CV@aol.com (K3CV@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 16:42:04 EST
Jeff Keller  K3CV
North Carolina
Hi Power(1kw)
20m Quad
40/80m Inv. Vees

Teamed up with K7RAT and the BORING AMATEUR RADIO CLUB. Thanks for letting my
join up with you guys.

Band    Q's
=========
75m     94
40m     71
20m     42

207Q's X  39 mults.====8,073 pts.

I always enjoy the sprint but this outing was not quite as much fun as usual.
Things seemed to be real slow for a while and 40m had me worried. As many have
said, the bands were all long.  Therefore a lot of the Q's up and down the
east coast that I had hoped for just didn't materialize. Oh well.  I
experienced tremendous QRN most of the time on 75m and the broadcast stations
on 40 had me wondering if it was even a ham band that I was listening to.

To make things even harder, I received a telephone call during the middle of
the test advising me that my grandmother was in the hospital. Needless to say
that was on my mind as well. So if I jumbled up my exchange with you....sorry.
Next time will be better I'm sure.  73 and thanks to all for the Q's.

"Monica" W5WW>  I had considered going on as "Slick Willie" or some other
modification of that name but decided against it. Maybe I should have????