[3830] AJ6E Short Sprint

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] AJ6E Short Sprint
From: aj6e@webtv.net (Rob AJ6E)
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 21:31:42 -0800
Call Used:AJ6E
Category:SOLP
Exchange:# MC CA
Team/Club: HipHoppers
Toal Hours:1:35
Band    Q's    Valid    Multis
   20       71       65        24
   40       10        9          3
   Total:         74 Q's X 27 Multis=1,998 Pts.

This was one contest I'd like to forget. Started off and 20 was
absolutely hot! My Low Power was getting me everywhere and I was
sizzling. I was keeping up with some of the HP guys too. I was having
some probs with the keyboard though, it would send wildly at times and
suddenly stop at others, but this was the case for only 2 or 3 times and
I didn't think it was a big deal. I switched over to 40 at the perfect
time and I was all set. After a cple QSO's on 40, the keyboard
completely fizzled-it died It would not send a letter! I tried to hook
it back up for about 15 min. with little luck, it was just broken.  I
looked all around but all the paddles I had were either damaged or
missing! I tried to look for anything-even an old straight key I could
get a few Q's with-nothing. Let it be known-I am an idiot. I never
tought Murphy would strike on me! Not on this way, the KEYBOARD?! C'mon
give me a break! I thought for sure I had escaped Murphy by running LP
and avoiding to deal with an amp. I can't believe it-there was not one
backup paddle that worked, guess I never really thought abt the keyboard
disfunctioning. I would have definetly got my goal of 250 Q's if I kept
it up but what can you do? i was so excited about this one too, cuz it
was a short contest in cW mode and I had the perfect HipHop name MC, and
bands were wide open.  I'd like to apologize to the HipHip group and all
the other contesters whom I let down by not supplying Q's-this will
never happen again. Will always be preparedfor the worst. After this
contest will use TR so that should help a bit. Got the software on
Friday but needed the cable to send code wih it. Thanks for the good
time while it lasted.

                         73 and Best Ragards,
                                  Rob AJ6E