[3830] N5ZC ARRL CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N5ZC ARRL CW
From: rthorne@arn.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 21:19:02 -0600
--------------2725FBB3ABA4AFF7B47C4516

Decided to do 15 only as I had things to do in the evening.

This was my first dx contest from my new qth here in Amarillo.  Sure
takes a different strategy to win this one.  I just wish I had bigger
yagis on 15.  The opening to Europe was unreal on Saturday morning.  It
seemed to be a short openning on Sunday.  I heard K4MA (operating
AA4NC's station as W4MR) running Europe around 16:00z.  I could just
barely could hear Europe coming back to him.

Saturday evening was the first time I ran JA's.  Unreal and lots of
FUN.  Had a few BV's and HL's call in during that run.  I worked a
couple ZL's and VK's but not as many as I thought I should have.  About
half my q's were with our friends from Japan.

Things to do for next time (March SSB): turn the lower C3 towards Japan
in the evening.

See you all in SSB.  I plan on a multi-single all band effort then.  So
far its me and W5ZO and hopefully K5XM will be in on the fun.

Richard Thorne - N5ZC (ex KA2DSY, N2BHP, WB5M)
Amarillo, TX

--------------2725FBB3ABA4AFF7B47C4516

                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: N5ZC                     Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator Single Band

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160        0        0   0.0        0
       80        0        0   0.0        0
       40        0        0   0.0        0
       20        0        0   0.0        0
       15      434     1278   2.9       88
       10        0        0   0.0        0

     Totals    434     1278   2.9       88  =   112,464

Equipment Description: FT-1000mp
                       Amp Supply LK-500ZC
                       F-12 C4XL - 75'
                       F-12 C3   - 45'