[3830] TI7?N4MO ARRL DX CW 15M LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] TI7?N4MO ARRL DX CW 15M LP
From: rsuthus@worldnet.att.net (Ron Uthus)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 19:46:52 -0600
TI7/N4MO ARRL DX CW 15M LP

TI7/N4MO        22      248,760         1382    57

TS-50 with a simple dipole!

First day went fine with 1000 Q's prior dupes but the second day was a
disaster! My main antenna (1/2 square) wouldn't work from the start so we
used the backup dipole. The 1/2 square made the radio go into convulsions.
The first morning the antenna came down once from the wind (50 lb test line
guys). The second day we had s7-9 noise the whole day from a bad box
somewhere in the area. Proved one thing - I can't copy through the QRN like
I usedta could.The power went down for 1 1/2 hours but after it came back
on the noise was still there - shucks. First day was good and in a word the
second day sucked. We will be here for the SSB test so look for my pee wee
80 WATTS.
Send a note and say hi.
73 Ron Uthus, N4MO and an assortment of other calls