[3830] OK2RZ WPXSSB SOSB 80 UNAS

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] OK2RZ WPXSSB SOSB 80 UNAS
From: printo@applet.cz (Jiří Král)
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 06:37:20 +0200
CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 1998

Call: OK2RZ Country: Czech Republic

Mode: SSB     Category: SO - SB - UNAS

BAND    QSO    QSO PTS    PTS/Q    PREFIXES

 80     1135     2808       2.5      476

Total   1,336,608 pts

Our friend Murphy was in the action again:

Operating time only 29.8 hrs - I have lost 6 hrs of the second night due
to amplifier failure,not speaking about problems with my notebooks. The
first has got dark screen just before the contest, the other one
prefered to operate in graphics without cursor on the screen wich was
very uselessful.

Equipment Description:

IC751A & 1500 W

    1.. Two 75 ft insulated towers - 120 ft apart - as an switchable phased
array
    2.. Inverted vee
    3.. Four 900 ft beverages ( west, east, USA, Japan) on a 10 acres lot
     at " HHRR " - HAM Heaven Radio Ranch

Club Affiliation: CCCCC - Czech Cimrman`s Crazy Contest Club=
                          ( OL1JDC & OK5JDC )

Member & refounder of the very first radio club in the world.

Founded originally on July the 22nd, 1907 ( give or take a cuple of
years)

Refounded by OK2RZ late in the afternoon in 1995

Motto:

It is neither necessary to win the contest, nor to participate ...

JDC in 1907

Jara da Cimrman ( czech genius, much better known than Leonardo da Vinci )

Radio Club OL1JDC & O5JDC

The house of Jara da Cimrman

OSTRAVA - Marianske Hory

709 00 CZECH REPUBLIC