[3830] KR4YL SO UNASSISTED 10M ONLY LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KR4YL SO UNASSISTED 10M ONLY LP
From: Paul Knupke, Jr." <pk@ij.net (Paul Knupke, Jr.)
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 19:11:59 -0500
KR4YL
Single Operator
Single Band, 10 Meters
Low Power
Club Affiliation: Florida Contest Group
81 Q x 3 points = 243 QSO Points
24 Mults
5,832 Points

Equipment: Yaesu FT-840, Cushcraft Ten-3 @ 30'

Conditions weren't great.  Felt like it was a work all Argentina Contest
instead of ARRL DX Contest.  Mostly a N-S contest.  Though late on Saturday
afternoon got to work VK, ZL, KH6 and KH8 though... Saturday around 1700Z I
worked a lone European (a EA7)  Didn't get KP3 and KP2 until the end on
Sunday afternoon.  Tried to run on several occasions... netted one total
contact (VK4BS), so I went S&P the rest of the time.

Worked about everyone I heard except ZD8Z on Saturday as conditions were
fading.

Time on was about 6:00 Hours probably.

Had a good time and look foward to 10 meters getting better!!

I did notice ALOT of stations not signing between contacts though.  In fact
several went 5-10 Q's without IDing.  That makes it hard to S&P.

73 and CU on the Florida QSO Party in about 2 months!

Paul
KR4YL