[3830] N6ED ARRLDX SSB SOHP AB UNASTD

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N6ED ARRLDX SSB SOHP AB UNASTD
From: gullick@emu.sp.trw.com (Craig Gullickson)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 06:32:38 -0800
ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: N6ED                     Country:  United States (LAX
SECTION)
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator High
Power

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160        1        3   3.0        1
       80       37      111   3.0       23
       40      110      330   3.0       54
       20      433     1284   3.0       88
       15      695     2082   3.0       97
       10       93      279   3.0       26
     --------------------------------------

     Totals   1369     4089   3.0      289  =   1,181,721

Soapbox:

First off, I spent way too many nights and mornings awake chasing the
KH9 and KH1 guys and not focusing on the contest preparation.  Sleep
was a major factor for me in this one with only 37 hours on for a 24
year old is not that great!  I shoulda done better!!  Propagation was
exceptional on 15 meters with decent runs into Europe working mobiles
and lots of 100 watt stations on Sunday morning.  Even 40m worked well
on Saturday night to EU.  Both evenings were blessed with polar openings
that were increadible with 46 UA0/9's and 8 UN's.  Really missed the
EX/EY's I worked during the week on this path but none were to be found.
The only real dissapointment was 10 meters with noise level at 0 and
propagation a big ZERO, even SA was tough.  Overall a great time for
me, but I am glad it is over.

I am already looking forward to next year with 3 bands open to EU at any
given time for us out here on the Left Coast.  The glory days are
coming!

See you all in WPX!!!!
(obviously not using my own call)

73 de Craig, N6ED