[3830] OH5NQ ARRL FONE m/s (Ilkka Korpela OH1WZ)

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] OH5NQ ARRL FONE m/s (Ilkka Korpela OH1WZ)
From: korpela@LadyBird.Helsinki.FI (ILKKA KORPELA MMVAR)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 19:44:07 EET DST
 ARRL DX FONE CONTEST 1998

 OH5LF

 Multi op. Single TX

Kari Karvonen
c/o Ilkka Korpela
Limingantie 12 A 3
00550 Helsinki
FINLAND

BAND   GQSO DUPES NQSO  MULT    PTS

1.8       3          3     3      9
3.5      89    1    88    20    264
7.0     271    1   270    47    810
14.    1279   10   793    56   3717
21.     491    1   490    42   1470
        2103   13  2090   170   6270

SCORE: 170 X 6270 = 1,065,900

Operators:

Ilkka Korpela, OH1WZ; Kari Karvonen, OH5LF

FT-1000MP+PA 1kW, 80 2-el wire beam, 40 2-el KLM (130 ft.), 20/15/10 3
stacked KT34XA?s.

First m/s effort in ARRL FONE from Kari?s UFB new station. Condx were
fairly good because there was hardly any aurora this time. We
managed to make even qsos on 160! (3). W6KW was loud on 80 lp. Nothing
on 10 and even 15 was marginal and opened to SE, E-coast only. Our aim
was at breaking the OH5NQ m/s record in Finland - but it seems that 10
meters has to be open for anyone achieving that.

I visited the WWW-cluster on monday morning to see if we had been in
the Cluster. To my surprise I saw some ON-stns listed in WWW by other
ONs. Is this ethically right? In other words can we next time take
TCP/IP with us and send in info of OH5LF with OH1WZ call (in the Web)
to let W/VE know where we are?

We observed the contest rules and our license conditions.
Helsinki March 10th 1998
                         Ilkka Korpela, OH1WZ

http://www.helsinki.fi/~korpela
Ilkka.Korpela@helsinki.fi