[3830] 1998 ARRL DX Phone Contest (SO/LP/AB)

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] 1998 ARRL DX Phone Contest (SO/LP/AB)
From: jncutter@mont.mindspring.com (James N. Cutter)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 20:27:48 -0600
                              1998 ARRL DX CONTEST

     Call used: K6JC                                           Location:
AL

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: PHONE           Power:
150W

     Callsign of Operator: K6JC

     If multi-operator, show calls of all operators and loggers:

     Exchanged Information: K6JC 59 AL

     Hours of Operation: 10:16

     band      QSOs      points    mults
     -----------------------------------
     160          0           0       0
      80          0           0       0
      40          0           0       0
      20         23          69      19
      15         53         159      34
      10          6          18       5
     -----------------------------------
     TOTAL       82         246      58      SCORE: 14,268

     Comments:

     This was my first ARRL DX CONTEST.  I had a fun time although I did

     not get to operate for as long as I would have liked.  Also, WX did

     always cooperate.  There were several times I had to shut down and
     disconnect my antenna due to severe thunderstorms during the
     weekend.  Thus I fell short of my personal goal of 100 countries,
     but was happy overall.  I certainly learned a lot, and gained
     valuable operating experience.  I really look forward to next year!

     I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
for
     amateur radio  in my country.  My report  is correct and true to
the
     best of my knowledge.  I agree  to be bound by  the decisions of
the
     ARRL Awards Committee.