[3830] VP5NC - M/S - ARRL SSB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] VP5NC - M/S - ARRL SSB
From: k4ma@mindspring.com (Jim Stevens)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 23:38:06 -0500
          ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: VP5NC                    Country:  Turks & Caicos
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Multi Single

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    STATES/PROV

      160      175      525          39
       80      445     1335          54
       40      950     2850          58
       20     1500     4500          58
       15     2700     8100          58
       10      422     1266          44
     -----------------------------------
     Totals   6192    18576         311  =   5,777,136

Operators:
AA4NC, K4MA, W4WA

Equipment:
Icom IC-736 & Dentron Clipperton-L
Cushcraft A-4 @ 40 ft
40M sloping dipole apex @ 40 ft
80M 1/4 wave sloper apex @ 40 ft
160M Inv V apex @ 40 ft
1 500' special W4WA Beverage

Comments:
Congrats to WP2Z (and probably PJ9G when we see their
score)!

W4WA's first Caribbean trip.  He has been bitten by
the bug.  Look for him from the Tropics again.

Interesting to look at the WP2Z & P40W scores.  We
thought during the contest that the low bands were
gonna be our down fall.  Apparently we did well on
the low bands, and 10M was our down fall.
Not far enough South!

73, Jim Stevens, K4MA & 8P9JA

email -- k4ma@mindspring.com
WWW   -- http://www.mindspring.com/~k4ma