[3830] K0EJ 1998 CW WPX 20M Single Band

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K0EJ 1998 CW WPX 20M Single Band
From: Mark_Speck@ittsheraton.com (Mark Speck)
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 10:50:38 -0400
     Turned on the amp, it sputtered so I ran it at about 700W to avoid
     problems. Still heated up the shack quite a bit!! Was able to play
     Friday nite (soccer team party rescheduled - not on my account). Did
     miss some time Saturday evening and Sunday morning but got in about 30
     hours.

     FT1000MP-> amp -> TH7 at 65'

     Preliminary results - a few bad Qs noted during contest. I know
     something is wrong when hashmarks show up in either "points" or "mult"
     fields.

     1184 Qs (2258 points) x 571 mults =  1,289,318

     Saturday nite over-the-pole opening was really good (especially
     compared to Friday nite). Both days were slow. Felt like an alligator
     Sunday afternoon when high QRN from front to the north wiped out all
     but loudest EU during the opening.

                                        73,   Mark K0EJ