[3830] Jon Hamlet, W4ZW IARU SO LP CW Only

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Jon Hamlet, W4ZW IARU SO LP CW Only
From: w4zw@home.com (Jon, W4ZW)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 13:25:19 -0400
IARU HF Championship -- 1998

Call: W4ZW                     Country:  United States
                              Category: Single Operator
Hours On:  8.1

 BAND      QSO   QSO-PTS   PTS/Q  ZONES  HQ STNS

                                                                Antenna
 160        0        0     0.00      0      0   None
  80        0        0     0.00      0      0   None
  40      162      458     2.83     13     14   402CD@75'
  20      211      669     3.17     19     18   A4S@65'
  15       87      291     3.34     15     12     "
  10        2        2     1.00      1      0     "

 Totals    462     1420     3.07     48     44

             Score: 130,640 points

All reports sent were 59908 unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description: FT-1000D, 402CD, A4S, CT 9.27

Club Affiliation:  Florida Contest Group

Soapbox:

Very casual effort here.  I had chosen Saturday as my "antenna day" to
reassemble my A4S we took down for FD and put it back up on my roof tower.
(The other antennas are still awaiting another day.)   It was stormy and
windy here, but I got the A4S together and up by myself which was a
challenge with the wind coming in off the ocean at 15-20 knots.  Worked the
contest  a bit and then tweaked the A4S a bit,  in a leisurely fashion off
and on  Saturday afternoon and evening and wound up with about 8 hours.
Only managed 462 Q's before pulling the plug since I had promised my kids a
trip to Disney on Sunday.   Conditions were great on 20 and 15 and there
were some BIG signals from Europe on 40.  After more antenna work this
summer, I'll be ready for the fall season.