[3830] NA4K NAQP CW Score/comments

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NA4K NAQP CW Score/comments
From: jwoods@cococo.net (jwoods)
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 10:52:50 -0400
                          NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY
 August 1998

     Call used: NA4K                                           Location:
TN

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode:   CW           Power:
150W

     Callsign of Operator: NA4K

     Exchanged Information: NA4K STEVE TN

     Hours of Operation: 09:59

     band      QSOs      points    mults
     -----------------------------------
     160         34          34      15
      80         96          96      31
      40        154         154      39
      20        130         130      39
      15         60          60      24
      10         17          17       8
     -----------------------------------
     TOTAL      491         491     156      SCORE: 76,596

     Club or Team Name: Tennessee Contest Group #2  ( TCG #2 )

     Comments:  First time that I have ever put in more than 4 hours in
the
      NAQP.  Bottom line is I did make more QSO?s/Mult?s than
      when I only put in 4 hours --- but not many more!!!
      Could not ever get in the groove in this one.  Local QRN
      from power lines very bad and could not get all the callers
      on the high bands!!  But a lot of fun checking the station
      out and finding problems.

Rig: 2 Drake C-Line?s and TS-820

Ant?s TH6  at 50 ft that is stuck NE due to the pine trees
 that have grown through the elements----the pines are 80 ft tall!!
 Wires  80 mtr zepp and 40 mtr dipole.

 Software   NA Ver - 10.31  and the two rig switch box in the NA
instruction
manual - which is a very worthwhile project.