[3830] WAE CW - K9GY S/O (low power)

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WAE CW - K9GY S/O (low power)
From: k9gy@contesting.com (Eric K9GY)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 11:50:08 -0700
WAE SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 08-Aug-98, 09-Aug-98

    Callsign Used : K9GY
        Operators : ERIC K9GY

         Category : Single Op

 Default Exchange : 5NN #

             Name : Eric P. Hall
          Address : 3355 - 193rd Street
   City/State/Zip : Lansing, IL 60438-3859
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Society of Midwest Contesters (SMC)

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries

   40CW       30          30         30        13
   20CW       99          99         98        25
   15CW       11          11         11         7

 Totals      140         140        139        45

    There were 140 QTC points.

    Final Score = 28,737 points.

    Radio: Kenwood TS-440s (100 watts)
    Ant:   Cushcraft R7000 with base @ 11 feet high

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 Well, I missed the 200 QSO goal and the 100k point goal, but I had alot
 of fun anyways! The DA0FF web site was cool! The use of packet was great!

 A index of 3 hurt propagation the first day, but about 0300z on the
 second day the A index improved to 0, then later on rose again to 2...
 Kind of like the stock market! Heard some good mults for EU - TU2XZ,
 TL5A, KL9/K9AA, and KL7HF.

 I missed the EU sunset the second day due to church and lunch with
 the XYL (1645-1900z), probably took a hit on 15m for that, but
 limited family QRM, hi.

 Excitement of the contest:
 Cat almost puked in my briefcase while listening to RW2F on 40m! Luckily,
 I caught the puke with a folder before my briefcase got trashed!

 See ya next year!

 73, Eric K9GY
 (ex-WD9GGY)