[3830] W4ZW WAE CW SO/LP 98

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W4ZW WAE CW SO/LP 98
From: w4zw@home.com (Jon, W4ZW)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 00:18:04 -0400
      DARC WORKED ALL EUROPE CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: W4ZW                     Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator

     BAND     QSO   QTC    Cty   Mult     Antennas

      160       0     0      0      0      None
       80       3     3      2      8   Windom
       40      93    92     22     66   CC 402CD
       20      71    67     21     42      CC A4S
       15      38    37     18     36      "
       10       0     0      0      0      "

    Totals    205   199     63    152 = 61,104

Hours of Operation:     4.7

Equipment Description: Yaesu FT-1000MP

Stole a few hours after family bedtime Saturday night to enjoy this great
contest.  Got on again after the terrible lightening/thunderstorms here
Sunday afternoon and discovered that I got a lightening surge through my
cable modem (only unprotected entry into the shack) that took out my
computer.   Logged the second 100 Q's  with paper and pen.  The QTC record
keeping is a real challenge manually!  Just got my computer back on line and
the paper log entered.

Conditions on Sunday afternoon were quite poor here.  Most EU signals were
in the noise (but then the T-storms brought a good QRN level.)

Great contest!

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW
Casey Key Island, Florida

"A little bit of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"