[3830] NAQP AUG SSB KR4YL SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP AUG SSB KR4YL SO
From: pk@ij.net (Paul Knupke, Jr.)
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 02:23:07 -0400
                 1998 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

     Call used: KR4YL                                          Location: FL

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: SSB             Power: 150W

     Callsign of Operator: KR4YL

     If multi-operator, show calls of all operators and loggers:

     Exchanged Information: KR4YL PAUL FL

     Hours of Operation: 09:51

     band      QSOs     points    mults
     -----------------------------------
     160          0         0        0
      80         43        43       20
      40         65        65       28
      20         80        80       32
      15         47        47       26
      10         45        45       15
     -----------------------------------
     TOTAL      280       280      121      SCORE: 33,880

     Club or Team Name: Florida Contest Group #2

     Rig: Yaesu FT-840
     Antenna(s): Cushcraft Ten-3 (3-el 10m monobander)at 28', G5RV(nearly
flat at 22') -- no 160m antenna, gotta figure out how to radiate a signal
there with my limited space.

Personal best on NAQP.  Propogation was pretty weird at times.  Worked N4BP
on 20 meters (less than 200 air miles from me, he was 20 over and he gave me
same report.)  First contest I can remember not working WC4E at all.  Good
to have K4XS back on! (Go FCG!!) Mults were slow in coming for me.  10m
opened up but I must have missed some of the propogation but I checked in at
6PM EDT and it was open and I ran a string of west coast stations and KH6.
I successfully ran at times on 15, 20, 40 and 80.  Mostly S/P though as
usual from home (except 10 where I can run with the beam...)

NAQP is one of my favorites.  Everyone is friendly!  Folks are patient about
pulling out a weak signal and working you.

Worked a slew of TCG folks.  Also good to hear all the FL stations on (Go
FCG and see ya'll in Melbourne next month!)

Paul E. Knupke, Jr.      Amateur Radio: KR4YL
pk@ij.net                Largo, FL
Proud Member of the Florida Contest Group!