[3830] KI0LO CQWW RTTY SO/AB/LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KI0LO CQWW RTTY SO/AB/LP
From: martyt@pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 20:38:11 -0500
1998 CQ World-Wide RTTY DX Contest

CALL: KI0LO
 QTH: Missouri

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band, Low-Power

   QSOs  Points Zones   DX   States/Provs     Score
   339   464      37    46   106              87696

Station: Yaesu FT-920 with 400Hz Inrad Filter, Writelog/WinRTTY v9.12d
Antenna: G5RV at 35 ft

Comments:

First time for me in this contest and I had a great time! Unfortunately,
the wx was nice and I had to finish my house painting project - only got to
operate about 18 hours total.

Also first my contest with the 400 Hz Inrad filter in the FT-920, and it
made all the difference in the world; definitely worth the $120.

Writelog/WinRTTY performed flawlessly - Tnx W5XD for a great RTTY
contesting package!

Was it just me or did propagation stink until late on Sunday?  I didn't
work *any* Europeans until about 20:00Z on Sunday - thank goodness for all
the North American stations!

-Marty KI0LO
 martyt@pobox.com
 Marty Tippin KI0LO   | Tippin's Law #9:  Stupid people outnumber the rest
 martyt@pobox.com     |   of us by at least 5 to 1...
 http://hbd.org/users/mtippin - Marty's Homebrew (Beer) Gadgets Page