[3830] 98 CQWW RTTY SCORE

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] 98 CQWW RTTY SCORE
From: ai7b@teleport.com (Bob Wruble)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 22:25:17 -0700
1998 CQ WW RTTY Contest

Call used: W7GG
Location:  OR

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band, One Radio

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX  Zones
80        61    75    33     6     7
40       174   309    37    31    19
20       296   529    41    47    25
15       313   646    37    46    21
10        46    95    16    12    11
--------------------------------------
Total    890  1654   164   142    83
--------------------------------------
Claimed Score: 643,406

Power Output: 1000

COMMENTS: This one started out slow.  Cndx sucked.  Checked WWV numbers
and about fell outa my chair when I heard an "K" index of 97!! Dammed near
thew in the towel.  Decided to hang in and see what happened.

Highlite of Friday evening was a good 80M opening at least state side.
Managed 46 mults with only 61 QSO's.  Activity went to hell around 11pm
local so decided to get some shut eye.  I'm no longer an iron man so
planned a couple of 4-5 hour off periods.

Back up at 4am but 80/40M sigs few and far between.  Where were all the
JA's and Pacific stations?  Kept waiting for 20M to pop open but had
to wait till nearly 9am.  Once open 20M produced nicely.  An hour or so
later 15M opened and then 19M!  Let the good times roll!

Ecerything worked ok except I COULD NOT get WF1B V4.1 SW to control either
of my MP's....I trieed everything 4-5 times but no luck.....now I had
to really pay attention when I made band changes.....bummer!  Will take
this up with Ray off line.  All in all I felt pretty good about the
effort....until I looked at 97's results which I failed to exceed this
year.  Gess old age is really taking its toll!

Biggest Aligator was 9A5D !  Thanks to all fer the Qso's.

Bob, W7GG