[3830] N6TV CQP '98 CW only

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N6TV CQP '98 CW only
From: n6tv@kkn.net (Robert A. Wilson)
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 00:04:41 -0700
N6MU told me beforehand that he was going to try to break my old CQP CW
QSO record (1131 CW QSOs), operating from N6NB's big station in Kern
County, so I just had to try to break it myself.  I ended up with:
        CW
Band   QSOs
1.8      10
3.5     121
  7     239
 14     282
 21     351
 28     239
-----------
Total  1242 x 56 = 208,656

(No SSB or FM QSOs).

I missed Hawaii and Wyoming.

I had S-9 line noise on 20, 15, and 10 for all but 10 minutes of the
contest.  Were it not for the N6MU challenge, I probably would have
quit.  The noise blankers in the FT-1000MP really helped, though.

MANY thanks to all the county expeditioners and mobiles who travelled
far and wide in our big state to put all 58 counties on the air, to the
plaque sponsors, to AE6Y for coordinating the publicity mailing, to AD6E
for handling all the logs, results, awards, and T-shirts, to W0YK for
putting together a beautiful CQP Website (http://www.cqp.org), and to
all of those out-of-state hams who made CQP weekend fun for US.

73,
Bob, N6TV
1998 CQP County Coordinator