[3830] Wo4o CQP 98 Claimed Score/Soapbox

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Wo4o CQP 98 Claimed Score/Soapbox
From: wo4o@juno.com (Ric Painter)
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 21:26:36 EDT
                           CAL QSO PARTY SUMMARY SHEET

        Club : TN Contest Group

   80CW       10          10         30       0
   40CW       52          52        156       0
   40SSB      33          32         64       0
   20CW       43          43        129       0
   20SSB      88          88        176       4
   15CW       82          82        246       1
   15SSB     111         111        222       5
   10CW       67          65        195       4
   10SSB     325         320        640      44

 Totals      811         803       1858      58

    Final Score = 107764 points.  17+ hours of playtime.

 Soapbox:  Had I known how close I was to the TN record for this
           game I may have played longer, harder and smarter;
           but, nevertheless, I had FUN as usual.  There were
           other unknowns, too.  TR Log wasn't correctly track-
           ing Mults worked, so I played this entire game not
           knowing which Counties I needed!  Actually, it was
           kinda fun flying by the seat of my pants.  Later, I
           realized the misconfiguration of TR Log was due to
           my copying the TN QSO Party file and forgetting to
           edit it.  Duh.  I could've manually tracked the
           Mults, of course, but it just didn't seem to be that
           important.  After 500+ Qs, a good night's rest and
           before going to Sunday school, I reconfigured the log.
           After church, I re-entered the game and TR Log worked
           fine for the remainder of the playtime.  However, I
           had only a partial picture.  2/3 of my log was in a
           different format.  Now I need to decide whether it's
           worth the bother to edit the bulk of my log to make
           it match the final 1/3 format that tracked correctly.
           Ughhh!  My post game activities indicated that a
           sweep was made on Q #373 @ 2335Z (TU W0EAX/6 Yolo),
           less than 8 hours into the game.  10-m was HUMONGOUS!
           51 Mults were worked on 10-m.  While avoiding DX was
           a challenge, this was the first time in years that
           I've worked a JA on 10-m.  Lots of EU, VK/ZL and AF.
           TCGers heard: W4CAT, K4LTA, W9WI and K0EJ.  .-  .-.

73, Ric - Wo4o (ex WA6KUI)
              wo4o@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]